Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gallery Jewelry

MA Doran Gallery is a gallery that has been in business as long as we have lived in Tulsa. There are two women that run it and we have bought numerous pieces of art from them. During the recession they started carrying art jewelry as a way to earn extra income and I have bought several pieces of funky jewelry.

My former studio-mate, Lorie, started selling her jewelry through their gallery and has been quite successful. Because they have such a high quality gallery it's always been a dream to be an artist showing work there. So far, none of my jewelry has been good enough to sell until I have started fusing 22K gold to Argentium. Lorie bought a pair of my earrings and wore them into the gallery and they liked them so that has encouraged me to take in a sample of some of my work.

I'm really nervous to take my jewelry by. It's really putting myself on the line. Putting myself out there. Rejection can be hard. Plus they charge 50% commission. I will charge $165 for each pair of these earrings which is quite a bit of money. Their clientele will pay that much and they agreed that is a fair price.

I was shopping in a clothing store next door to Lorie's studio. The owner knew I made jewelry so I showed her some pictures of these earrings and she wanted me to bring them by. I don't know if she wants to carry them or buy a pair. It was nice though!

No comments: